Friday, February 17, 2012

The Vashta Nerada (a Doctor Who fandom post of sorts))

I'm the fairly stupid girl who went to bed last night after watching Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead...

Consequently, after getting up to turn off the tv and turning off the light, I RAN to my bed and bundled under the covers, because I (ME: the girl who DOES NOT get scared after films, as in the girl who watches a scary movie and can go home calm because she knows it's not real) was afraid that the Vashta Nerada were going to eat me.

Like, honestly.

Very few times have I been that scared in my life.

literally prayed.

I think it's because, with most other scary films, films with ghosts or demons (which frankly I don't usually watch because I find them insipid and stupid), they're not real to me. I don't believe in ghosts the way others believe in ghosts (and that's hard to explain, so I'm just not going to), and demons only have a limited level of power (nowhere near the level of power exercised by the devil, and completely incomparable to the power owned by God) in my eyes, so these things do not cause me great fear.

But aliens!

Oh, how I believe in aliens. There's not a doubt in my mind that there are other creatures up there. That's the thing though... I've never met any. They could be kind, cruel, evil, destructive, gentle... and I don't even know, because I've never met one.

That's what makes the Vashta Nerada so scary for me. For me, they could be as real as the toes on my feet.

*shivers*

No comments:

Post a Comment